Job overview 职位概述
Direct the operation of the kitchen(s), including food preparation and quality, physical maintenance, and inventory functions, to ensure hotel quality standards and revenue goals are met and food and supply costs are controlled.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
· Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
· Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
· Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities工作职责
· Complete forecasts, plans, and departmental production reports for management.
· Participate in the preparation of the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals.
· Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
· Manage day-to-day kitchen activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
· Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviours, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
· Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
· Solicit guest feedback to improve food and presentation quality.
· Assist with addressing customer questions and issues relating to kitchen services.
· Assist Food and Beverage Director with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc.
· Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards.
· Develop menu design and concepts for all food and/or bar outlets, and catering events. Monitor competitor and industry trends.
· Maintain procedures to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment. Replenish supplies in a timely manner and minimise waste and pilferage.
· Ensure that all kitchen equipment and storerooms are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
· Adhere to governmental regulations as well as brand standards and hotel or company policies and procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
Supervises a large number of kitchen employees in a large full-service, luxury, or resort hotel with multiple major food and beverage outlets and banquet facilities with capacity to cater to more than 500 people. May oversee subordinate managers and/or supervisors and professional culinary staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS 任职要求
Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts and five years of experience as a chef, with at least one year in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience. Must speak local language(s).