Each year Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou selects a number of promising, passionate young hoteliers to become our Interns or Management Trainees in selected departments within the hotel. The programs provide intensive training for some of the top students study in the hotel schools across the globe.
The program provides aspiring students with a unique opportunity to develop and to learn from leading hospitality professionals.
房务部管理培训生 Rising Fan - Rooms
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities:
1. Ensure Legendary Quality Experience (LQE) standards are fully implemented, maintained and executed throughout the department to meet and exceed guests’ expectations and accountable for achieving the goal of Guest Loyalty and Satisfaction Survey (LRA) and Mystery Shopper (D’Richey and Coyle)
2. Support, create and promote a climate of enthusiasm; maintain a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance, feedback, recognition, mutual respect and colleague commitment for achieving the goal (Colleague Engagement Survey) of the department as well as the hotel. Ensures departmental practices are compliant with company policies and legal requirements
3. Monitor FLHSS standards for achieving the goal (FLHSS Audit) of the department as well as the hotel
4. Assist to promote upselling programmes in Front Office and be always creative and proactive in recommending ways of achieving better result. Compile monthly upselling report/ analysis
5. Monitor the standard of telephone reservation taken by colleagues and also responsible for, if applicable, Quality Track result (ResMax)
6. Continually proactively find ways to improve the scores of all audits related to the department
7. Assume the role of Night Manager on rotating basis. Liaise closely during the night with Security, Housekeeping and Engineering and to be aware of any situations that are going on in the hotel. Patrol all guest floors, public area, back of house area, offices and restaurants at least once every night
8. Develop thorough understanding of all FLHSS policies and procedures and be prepared to play an active leading role in any emergency situations
9. Handle any guest’s inquiries or complaints, emergency situations, overbook situation and ensure personally speak to any guest that are being transferred to another hotel. Ensure guest satisfaction is attained with a good balance of the interest of the company. Properly record cases into daily log, take appropriate follow up actions and update in individual guest profile (PSMS). Always share, report and consult with Director of Front Office Operations of any guest complaint/ comment/ recommendation
10. Always stationed at hotel lobby to greet and farewell guests, particularly VIPs and arrivals/ departures by limousine, take an active role in carrying out guest recognition programme (e.g. taking photograph for VIPs, giving birthday amenities etc), maintain effective guest relations, builds rapport and offer personalized service and assistance
11. Reviewing arrival list, departure list and birthday guest list on daily basis
12. Coordinate within Front Office and other departments for arrangement on VIPs’ arrivals and departures
13. Check all rooms assigned for VIPs prior to their arrivals ensuring amenities, room cleanliness and room facilities are ready and up to standard/ expectation
14. Work with Guest Relations Manager on extending courtesy call to VIPs and long staying guests during their stay and proactively offer assistance on any service arrangement e.g. departure transfer, restaurant booking, meeting arrangement etc as well as arranging occasional afternoon tea or morning breakfast with them
15. Assist with daily operations within Front Office, particularly Guest Services (i.e. check-in, check-out), Guest Relations and Concierge, whenever required or busy
16. Relieve duty and day-off of Guest Relations Manager/ Guest Services Manager when needed and upon request by superior
17. Coordinate and cooperate with Guest Services team on checking/ following room discrepancies, due-out, high balanced etc
18. Maintain good knowledge of hotel’s services, facilities, room rates, packages, events, programmes and be ready to sell/ upsell/ cross-sell hotel services and conduct hotel tour to guests at anytime
19. Overseeing the execution of Frequent Flyer Programme at Front Office (Alder) including but not limited to. response to guest inquiries, retro-claim, data export etc
20. Responsible for the execution of key card system (e.g. issue employee key from key system, renew employee keys) and be the main coordinator with IT&T and Engineering during system down. Work closely with Engineering on any key lock malfunctioning situations and assist whenever required
21. Being the main coordinator of the department on monitoring and supervising the handling and daily usage of company keys (FLHSS related key management)
22. Be familiar with Guest Services, Guest Relations and Concierge’s Standard Operations Procedures and hotel’s policies and procedures. Make recommendations on operating procedures to ensure smooth operation when necessary. Review with Assistant Front Office Manager on Assistant Manager related policies and procedures periodically to ensure information are updated to current status
23. Assist with trainings and colleague development
24. Familiar with Front Office related IT&T systems and take part in any system related activities
25. Attend departmental daily briefing, monthly team meeting, departmental meeting and/ or other meetings upon request by superior
26. Ensure instructions from senior management is being conveyed and followed through
27. Always maintain a good work relationship with other departments
28. Other ad hoc tasks and duties as required by Senior Assistant Manager, Front Office Manager, Director of Front Office Operations and Hotel Manager
餐饮部管理培训生 Rising Fan - F&B
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership and support for Restaurant colleagues.
2. Train, evaluate and schedule Restaurant colleagues in accordance with the standards of the company policies and guidelines.
3. Ensure the profitability, efficiency, and creativity in the Restaurant.
4. Develop and implement system for checking maintenance of tabletop supplies through staff side work duties.
5. Create side work schedules for all positions. Ensure compliance and follow through.
6. To supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the Restaurant at all times.
7. Identify areas for improvement in service and food & beverage quality by reviewing various service quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and formulate action plans.
8. To encourage proactive, efficient, and effective inter-departmental communication in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
9. To conduct and assist colleagues counselling and disciplinary procedures in accordance with Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou procedures.
10. To ensure proper care, security, and maintenance of hotel equipment through proper supervision of service personnel.
11. Develop and maintain all training programs on a continual basis to insure a high degree of professionalism within the colleagues.
12. Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
13. Understand and strictly adhere to Rules and Regulations established in the Colleague Handbook and the hotel’s policies concerning fire, hygiene, health and safety.
1. Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
2. Excellent FO/F&B operation skill & product knowledge.
3. Highly responsible & reliable.
4. Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
5. Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
6. Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
7. English language skills.