The Peninsula Shanghai, one of the most prestigious and high-profile ultra-luxury hotel properties on the Bund, is seeking to hire a strategic Director of People and Culture (HR) to support our large and complex operation, comprising of a luxury hotel, commercial and retail operations, residences and colleague accommodation facilities. Our hotel is an exciting integrated operation, with a large employee population of approximately 700-800. As we continue the success of our celebrated hotel, we anticipate the implementation of many HR projects that will lead to change, such as systems, processes, technology, talent development and other HR initiatives.
• An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile hotel complex located on the Bund, Shanghai.
• The Peninsula Hotels espouses luxury service, dedication to our customers, and commitment to our employees.
• This is an influential and critical leadership positions. We are seeking a commercial savvy HR leader who is passionate about change and best practice.
• Provide people and culture leadership and guidance by overseeing talent acquisition, talent development, succession planning, retention, rewards, training, and legislative adherence to successfully manage this complex hotel.
• Function as a strategic, human capital business advisor to the senior management team, providing commercial advice, particularly on workforce planning.
• Provide local knowledge to shape the rewards matrix to position the hotel as a desirable employer with an attractive benefits programme.
• Work closely with the leadership team, managers, and team members to foster an empathetic, commercial, and guest-focused, and family-oriented working environment.
• Partner with the corporate office to deliver HR projects.
• Ensure HR data integrity/confidentiality and HR initiatives are communicated with the leadership team (in addition to acting as a people coach)Ensure all regulatory requirements and legislations are understood and complied with across the operation.
• 5+ years in the capacity of Director of HR ideally within the hospitality, aviation or retail sector etc.
• Experience guiding the HR department within a large operation (minimum is 400+ employees).
• Extensive knowledge of China labour laws, in particular, tier 1 cities.
Ability to analyze and implement Human Resources policies, procedures to unlock synergies, collaboration and efficiencies.
• Experience with change and system management, in particular implementing / utilising various HR and payroll systems.
• Ability to analyse complex data and provide detailed commercial advice.
• Experience curating and delivering a cohesive and compassionate workplace culture.
• Experience leading and motivating a large team of dedicated HR professionals across various functions.
• Fluent Putonghua and English language skills.
We are delighted to receive your resume and will liaise directly with suitable applicants.