job overview 职位概述
Responsible for the development and smooth operation of the kitchen and emphasis on quality, presentation within the guidelines of the standardised menus, and staff training.
Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
· Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
· Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
· Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities工作职责
· Based upon menu item sales figures, review the profitability and popularity of dishes upon the menu and make changes where applicable.
· Participate in the drafting of concept ideas and menus for all special events and functions while encouraging all staff to put forward their ideas and utilising them wherever practical
· Supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardised menu guidelines
· Supervise all aspects of kitchen cleanliness and co-ordinate the effective utilisation of all kitchen attendant within the effective manning levels, ensuring that all kitchen areas are maintained in a hygienic condition at all times and ensuring adherence to hotel standards
· Control of food purchasing levels in liaison with the Stores person
· Be actively involved in the hotel’s Total Quality Management programme, having a sound knowledge and understanding of InterContinental Hotels TQM philosophies, ensuring its effectiveness in the operation of the kitchen, encouraging all staff to play an active role
· Ensure the highest standards of personal presentation, hygiene and conduct in accordance with the hotel standards
· To organize the training of kitchen staff, motivating all staff to increase skills in food preparation and kitchen management. Ensure all training given is accurately recorded and that all staff are reviewed and appraised within the necessary time frames as required by the Human Resources Department
· Ensure the kitchen is maintained to high hygiene standard at all times and safe food handling practices are followed
· Ensure all MAF and HACCP guidelines are achieved and maintained. Check monitoring procedures daily
· Be fully conversant with the hotel’s fire, security and emergency procedures
· Accurately maintain accident records, in turn ensuring all hazardous situations are reviewed to minimize the rise of future incidents
· Works with Executive Chef in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS 任职要求
Required Skills 技能要求
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.