About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
About Four Seasons Hotel Suzhou
Four Seasons Hotel Suzhou is a luxury island retreat fully commanding a 30 acre (12 hectare) private island on the scenic Jinji Lake.
Set to open in the second half of 2023,
the Hotel will have over 200 well-appointed rooms, suites and private villas, lush gardens, indoor and outdoor pools offering a lifestyle that is uniquely Suzhou and uncompromising service that is uniquely Four Seasons.
The Four Seasons Hotel Suzhou is looking for Assistant Director of Food & Beverage who share a passion for excellence and who infuse enthusiasm into everything they do.
We hire motivated people who we train to perform superbly, while we create an environment where they can flourish. Ultimately, our culture breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways. We encourage and expect all of our employees to behave consistently in a manner which demonstrates:
* Commitment to supportive teamwork and open communication
* Responsibility for ongoing enhancement of their skills and performance
* Recognition of personal accountability for their own actions and the outcomes of those actions
* An understanding of the effect of their behavior on our guests, their fellow employees and the reputation of the Company
To assist the Hotel Manager and provide leadership and management for the Food & Beverage Division by establishing plans of character, integrity, and quality which result in the long-range continued growth and profitability of the division and Hotel.
- The ability to work closely with the Hotel Manager, Executive Chef and Chinese Chef to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price.
- Provide leadership and management for the Food & Beverage division by establishing plans of character, integrity and quality which result in the long-range continued growth and profitability of the division and hotel;
- Drive performance and evolve how we do things according to industry trends and best practices, being the driving force to ensure the best quality of product and service is provided to the guest ensuring compliance with standards and sequence of service;
- To prepare a timely and accurate forecast;
- To be visible in the operation, recognize and maintain relationships with regular guests as well as cultivate relationships with new patrons through effective marketing and personal relationships.
- Drive profitability by closely managing labour and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, menu engineering, purchasing decisions and stock control;
Proactively seek the industry’s top talent, ensuring we have the right people in the right roles;
- Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the Food & Beverage Division through effective management and leadership to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for outlet operation;
- Control labour and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, policy making and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit in the division and hotel;
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers, third parties/vendors/suppliers and superiors.
We are looking for individuals who are strategic, have strong business acumen, good communication, and interpersonal skills.
- At least three (3) years of experience as Asst. Director of F&B/ Director of Restaurant or equivalent role in an International luxury hotel chain.
- Chinese Restaurant Management experience with Michelin/Black Pearl/Best 50 restaurant level is preferred.
- F&B management experience of luxury banquet operations in hotels in China.
- Beverage & Wine Program Management Experience.
- Good team spirit, multi-tasking, cooperative with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A Good command of both written and spoken Chinese and English.
- Work authorization in China is a must.
Join us and Enjoy…
- An opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done
- Best-in-industry training
- Complimentary stays at Four Seasons properties (based on availability) with discounted meals
- Incentive bonus/ competitive salaries
- Employee service awards
- Annual employee party/ social and sporting events