The Senior Sales Manager assists the Director of Sales in leading and supervising the Sales Team. He/she oversees and directs all aspects of the negotiation and coordination process as well as the successful handling of Corporate / FIT / M.I.C.E. / Social / Tour & Travel events as assigned. Leads the Sales Team to ensure smooth operation of the department to maximize business opportunities and deliver the highest service standards
1. Plans sales trips, under the direct approval of Director of Sales or Director of Commercial Development to major market areas, calling on accounts within the specific market areas. Reports to the Director of Sales on potential markets needing coverage
2. Liaises closely with Sales Team in proposing the best deal when handling leads / inquiries (pricing strategy, special requirements) passed over, in order to convert the leads / inquiries to confirmed events.
3. Ensures effective communication with the organisers.
4. To meet and welcome some top key accounts, group organizer and VIP guests upon check-in.
5. Responsible to assist catering sales for the dissemination of event related information to other departments.
6. Assist to catering sales to maintains close co-ordination with respective departments on organisers' requirements.
7. Involves Catering Sales Managers during post-event meeting and post-event follow up such as sending Thank You letters together.
8. Get known all information of competitors, such as rate, top accounts and production, room, F&B and events, and report to DOS regularly.
9. Directs all activities of the Sales Team to ensure the smooth running of the department.
10. Motivates and trains Sales Team to ensure their best performance.
11. Monitors the accounts management system.
12. Assists the DOS in the allocation of daily job to the Sales Team according to group chart.
13. Establishes good working relationship within the department and other departments.
14. Guides the Sales Team in ensuring highest standards of service and product quality are provided to guests at all times.
15. Ensures smooth and effective communication through regular meetings between Sales Team and Operations team member.
16. Closely monitors accounts revenue and business production.
17. Provides feed-back on market trends & keeps updated on client relationships and overall business goals through close communication with Sales Managers and Director of Sales.
18. Maximises up-selling opportunities whenever possible.
19. Forecasts group room night and banquet revenue.
20. Participates in relationship building visitations when necessary.
21. Supervises Sales Managers in preparing proposals / contracts for events as required.
22. Conducts site inspections with potential clients when Sales Managers / Co-ordinator are not available.
23. Assists in preparation of the Marketing Plan.
24. Actively participates in achieving the Marketing budget.
25. Leads the Sales Team to achieve the departmental goals.
26. Ensures effective/close communication and good working relationships within the department and with other departments.
27. Maintains close and frequent communication with the Director of Sales in order to maximise the hotel profit through effective yield and space management.
28. Conducts and attends meetings as required.
29. Maintains timely and responsive communication with clients.
30. Assist Director of Sales in the recruitment, selection, training and motivation of Sales Team.
31. Assures understanding of job responsibilities goals and standards of performance for Sales Team; and conducts on-going coaching and counseling.
32. Maintains established personnel policies and procedures of the Hilton Hotels and Resorts.
The management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her / his employment.
34. Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Positions directly reporting to this position (titles):
Sales Manager 销售经理
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Sound communication skills.
2. With strong teamwork spirit
3. Good interpersonal skills
4. Have hotel sales experiences.
5. Have hotel database.
6. Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
7. Good skills of organization and presentation.
8. Ability to manage by example.
1. University graduate, excellent command of written and spoken in English and Chinese language.
2. Minimum 3 years experience in similar capacity with international chain hotels.
1. Very familiar with local market and good at marketing trend anlysis.
2. Ability to lead, to provide guidance and to develop team member.
3. Good skills of organization and presentation.