Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: WH) is the world’s major global hotel franchising company by the number of properties, with over 9,000 hotels across approximately 90 countries on six continents. Through its network of 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 20 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Baymont®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is also a leading provider of hotel management services. The Company’s award-winning Wyndham Rewards loyalty program offers 84 million enrolled members the opportunity to redeem points at thousands of hotels, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals globally. For more information, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com.
Greater China Legal team works on all legal related work for WHR’s Greater China Operations. Prepare and advise on licensing, management agreements and reviewing, preparing and advising on any other types of agreements; compliance matters, HR matters and other matters that relate to the Greater China Operations. Work closely with U.S. Headquarter on IP, litigations and other legal issues.
As a Junior Counsel, assist the VP of Legal, Greater China on all legal related work mentioned above, and other legal matters and projects instructed by the VP of Legal.
· Work with Developers, Operations and Contracts Administration to prepare, advise and send all licensing, management and other compliance documents
· Work with Development and Operations on all licensing, management and compliance matters
· Manage workflow and help ensure that the documentation to internal and external clients is delivered promptly and ensure that the information contained in the documentation is accurate
· Respond to questions / concerns regarding licensing, management and compliance matters
· Report relevant licensing, management and compliance activity
· Manage the collection, review and retention of all documentation related to the preparation and execution of new franchise, management and/or any other agreements
· Work with HR, Finance, Marketing or any other departments on any legal issues they may have
· Maintain and revise all licensing, management, compliance and other templates as necessary
· Special projects for the Legal team
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
· Recognized law degree
· 4-5 years of demonstrated independent experience in the legal field
· Fluent in English and Mandarin, both written and verbal
· Proficiency in all aspects of Word including Chinese writing software, merge documents functions, tables, and all document production related efficiencies are an absolute
· Be able to converse with owners, operators and with other members of WHR via emails, telephone etc.
· Be able to compose correspondence quickly and accurately
· Have knowledge of systems and processes
· Understand legal documentation and all aspects of compliance