• The incumbent in the position is responsible for the smooth departmental operation and development, promote and sell banquet facilities, meet and exceed department and hotel budget.
• Implement direction from Sales and Marketing Director, sells to new, existing and prospective customers considering goals set forth in the sales strategy, negotiating optimum rate for the benefit of the business.
• Participates in sales activities by identifying potential customers whether from existing or new accounts, selling through telesales or sales calls and participating in hotel sales blitz to develop new business and follows up.
• Recruit new staff and conduct training concerned, manage the performance of catering sales staff to ensure they meet their individual targets.
• Maintain good relationship with clients, plan and manage sales calls according to Account Management procedures adhering with hotel standards on an annual, monthly, weekly and daily basis.
• Handles all banquet inquiries and leads from potential clients which involves meeting, site inspection, menu tasting, negotiation and contract writing, attending promotional functions organized by the hotel and following up until business is secured before handing over to coordinators for follow-up.
• Organizes VIP’s arrival, welcomes and provides them with assistance during their function according to the hotel standards and in order to meet guest satisfaction.
• Check all arrangements of function prior to starting and introduce operational staff to organizers.