PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a Director of Restaurant & Bar, you’ll be responsible for the effective operation of whole Restaurant & Bar, Kitchen and Stewarding Departments. Provide functional assistance and direction to the captioned departments, communicate with both internal and external customers including but not limited to suppliers, government officials, competitors and other members of the local community.
Your success: Ensure a perfect coordination between Restaurants, Bar, Events and Kitchen department, to provide high standard of guest services and products according to hotel standard, then go above and beyond guest expectations.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
At Swire Hotels, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/ dental and leave entitlement, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
· Fun: Meet with hoteliers who bring playfulness at work each day!
· Atmosphere: Embracing, cheerful & full of laughter!
· People: YOU are the heart to us – we Care, we Listen & we Support.
· Development: Tons of learning opportunities for you to upskill yourself.
· Authenticity: You got accessories, hair dyes or tattoos? No worries, we accept the stylish you!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Similar experience of 10+ years in a previous position within Luxury Five Star Hotels.
Preferably graduated with a degree in Hospitality or Culinary Arts School in a technical college or hotel school.
Effective interpersonal skills team player. Excellent oral and written communication in English. Preferably in other languages particularly Mandarin.
Goal driven personality, wants to grow and learn.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Provides executive support to represent the department in Core Team meetings or daily briefing.
· Provides a professional, advisory and executive support service to General Manager & Hotel Manager to assist in meeting strategic goals.
· Manages legal issues of the department to ensure compliance with business operations laws and hospitality operations law.
· Manages Sales and Marketing activities for the department i.e. to promote and develop new products and services, to oversee and evaluate the development of marketing strategies.
· Assigns duties to R&B Department Leaders, Leader and team members and in some cases to Kitchen Leaders to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
· Has a clear knowledge of menus, wine and beverages including specials and promotional materials.
· Ensures preparation of management team duties and roster are accurate which can fulfill operational need.
· Implements a daily or monthly checklist for all departments to ensure proper follow up is done to attain maximum quality and efficiency. Ensures all standard operating procedures and regulations are being adhered to, by training all team members and monitoring their compliance.
· Promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations.
· Monitors guest feedback on TripAdvisor, DianPing and other social media platforms, analyses and constant works on improving the service level thru investigation, analysis and corrective action.
· Receives and resolves guest complaints related to R&B/ Kitchen and service recovery process.
· Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, Menu Engineering, Guest comments cards, Inventory of Food & Beverage.
· Adheres to all franchise and company procedures & regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
· Ensures the objectives and goals of company and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success.
· Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectation and delivering solid business results.
· Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
· Takes the lead in key R&B/ Kitchen capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
· Monitors R&B/ Kitchen maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM/ HM.
· Conducts audit on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel suppliers are ordered and stocked in advance of need.