Provide functional direction to hotel sales and marketing leadership within assigned region to optimize results through proactive planning and execution of marketing and sales plans and strategies which ultimately stimulate demand for room nights, drive incremental revenues, and drive market share.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Works with Commercial Divisions, Operations, Regional Sales, Revenue Management – Sub-regional Support Team, General Managers and hotel Directors of Sales & Marketing or Sales Leader to develop and implement plans to grow revenue and market share to achieve prescribed targets
· Reviews marketing and sales budgets and allocated expenditures to ensure most effective use of funds available to support business objectives.
· Provide direction. Leadership and coaching to Hotel Directors of Sales and Marketing and their Key Stakeholders in the execution of sales tactics and strategy to ensure RGI, RevPAR, rate, occupancy and potential revenue objectives are achieved. Foster collaboration within the prescribed region.
· Identifies and recommend sales training needs designed to improve the selling and customer service skills of sales staff. Collaborate with Human Resources training and development at the local and regional level in the assessment of operational staff and delivery of specialized training needs.
· Is the brand custodian in the region and is responsible for the representation of InterContinental Hotels Group of hotel brands in collateral, advertising, promotions and displays.
· Works with Head of Sales & Marketing Operations, VP of Operations, Operations Leaders/OLTs and the hotel General Managers in the development or recommendation of advertising and sales promotional plans or activities, which support the achievement of profitability objectives at the hotel level within the assigned area with the established brand values.
· Responsible for collaboration and optimization of Enterprise delivery to hotels including Regional and Global Sales, Distribution, Marketing and Loyalty.
· Responsible for property adherence to Sales SOPS, Sales Systems, Sales standards and Programs.
· Work with Revenue Management as needed on Market Analysis to provide Competitive information for strategies planning, advise Customer research trending for existing, new development and pre-opening hotels.
· Review consumer marketing research data and analysis to understand economic and consumer trends within the markets in which we operate and understand competitor practices to;
1. Assist hotel sales & marketing teams to develop practical sales strategies to identify opportunities to optimize revenues through the right pricing point, occupancy levels and totality in revenue streams.
2. Develop marketing programs based upon hotel needs.
· Manages the effectiveness of the team through the utilisation of their individual strengths and abilities and by supporting their ongoing development and career goals.
· Work with Central and Sub-regional Revenue Management Team to ensure effective use of revenue management platform and programs in the region to maximize revenue opportunities in achieving RGI and RevPAR targets.
· Ensure synergy in the use of hotel sales and revenue basics, technology and sales practices while sharing of best practices.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with Owners both managed and franchisees, industry and the business community.
· Work as an integral member of the development and asset management team, in seeking new business opportunities and delivering data as required to assist in decision making as well as presenting to prospective owners of new projects
· Bachelor degree or equivalent International degree in Marketing, Business or Commerce
· Spoken and Written mastery Chinese (Mandarin) and English
Requires individual with:
· Previous Senior level Multi unit Sales and Marketing Responsibility in Asia / China (Hospitality)
· Proven track record of achieving Sales and Revenue targets
· 5 Star Hotel experience
· Strong in the following segments: Corporate individual, MICE, Leisure & adhoc group, C&E weddings, social events;
· Strong relationship with Chamber of Commerce, Consulate, Associations, International Schools, Golf Courses
· Strong Team Builder and employee development and retention
· Able to work under pressure
· Experience in global hotel environment and distribution systems
· Ability to analyze, interpret and extract trends from data
· Display an understanding of the markets in North Region
· Demonstrate an affinity with technology
· Achieves goals and objectives and manages with regular performance checks
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Deliver presentations with impact
· Partnership driven
· Can meet deadlines
· Thinks locally and globally
· Creates work environment that:
· Energize, motivate and support employees
· Foster a climate of open communication, trust and respect
· Encourages team behavior
· Drives results
· Effectively communicates with all levels