Duties and Responsibilities工作职责
· Carries out repairs and maintenance of domestic hot & cold water systems, cooling water systems, storm and sanitary sewer systems, irrigation/fountain water systems and swimming pools.
· Carries out electric arc or oxy acetylene welding .
· Replacement or new construction projects which may include GI, PVC and cast iron piping and fabrication of necessary brackets supports for installation.
· Attends to repairs or replacement of all bathroom / toilet fixtures in guest rooms, public areas and back-of-the-house areas.
· Cleans all manholes and clears sewage and storm water line blockages using sneaker machine or ropes and ring arrangement as required.
· Operate boiler and attend all repair works related to steam supply.
· Attend to all related work to natural gas
· Attends to all types of repair and maintenance work in the Hotel premises including any new additions / extensions to the Hotel or any other properties maintained by the Hotel.
· Participates in Hotel Energy Conservation Program.
· Use initiative and foresight to undertake tasks outlined within the preventative maintenance program without the direction of the Shift Engineer/Chief Engineer.
· Responsible for servicing and attending to repairs on various types of equipment such as laundry equipment, kitchen equipment, heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment, including motors, pumps, fans, water treatment plants, sewage treatment plant and electricity generators, electric lights & powers, CCTV, telephone, TV, fire lives and safety equipment & system.
· Attend all on job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures
· Attend all types of various technical skill training
· Ensures that house rules are followed and obeyed.
· Ensures punctual attendance and adherence to duty schedules by all subordinate staff.
· Ensures that personal grooming and hygiene standards are being observed. Does spot checks in the morning.
· Ensures all Engineering Standards and Procedures as issued from time to time are followed.
· Insure Hotel Rules and Regulations are fully followed, avoid any of the followings, but not limited to:
1 Sleeping whilst on duty
2 Late arriving at beginning of shift
3 Early departure at the end of the shift
4 Not following up on guest complaints
5 Not adhering to grooming standards
· Complete work orders as requested by hotel various departments to meet customer requirements
· Interacts and cooperates with Hotel guests and outside contractors as necessary or directed by superior.
· Interacts and cooperates with other departments when necessary to provide additional or specialized services for functions, promotions and festivities.
· Demonstrate Awareness of IHG Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within PPE guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
· Be aware of duty of care and adhere to work place health and safety related various IHG policies and procedures
· Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
· Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
· Carries out regular fire alarm test as per IHG standard
· Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
· Ensures that the work shop and related areas are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
· Complies with Hotel's Health, Safety & Hygiene Policy.
Perform other duties as assigned by superior.
This is the top Maintenance/Engineering job in a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with multiple sites and facilities, a number of major outlets, high volume catering and convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and key guests
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS任职要求
Technical school graduate in mechanical trade or obtain vocational training plus 2 years of experience in mechanical or plumbing work and prefer 1 year in hotel experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Obtain Boiler operating license and any other Professional certification and license if required by law.