· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to team members, observing performance and encouraging improvement.
· Interview, select, train, supervise, evaluate, counsel, and administer disciplinary procedures for Front Office team members.
· Monitor lobby traffic and assign team members as required.
· Review VIP reservations and ensure the proper handling of VIPs and groups, administering amenity orders, and managing incoming guests.
· Update the system by inputting inventory and non-inventory groups, monitoring special reservation handling requests and oversee rate changes for in-house guests.
· Compute daily payroll, schedules and other reports, analyze data and make decisions based on prior experiences and knowledge of circumstances to prepare daily and weekly forecasts of expected arrivals and departures.
· Manage the Front Office team, resolve guests’ concerns, and implement resolutions by using discretion and judgment.
· Lead and motivate team members by leading by example and employing competent and consistent management practices.
· Take responsibility of the hotel as the Duty Manager in the absence of the Assistant Front Office / Front Office Manager.
· Complete night shift duties acting as the Night Manager when he / she is not on duty.
· Actively take part in training the team, facilitating formal training sessions and on the job training to ensure that all team members are of the same standard.
· Attend training where and when required.
· Act as a coach and mentor to team members, reinforcing standards and expectations and motivating team members to strive for established targets.
· Maintain discipline amongst team members, ensuring consistency in accordance with the team member handbook, Chinese Labor Law and HR guidelines, appropriately discipline when and where required.
· Conducts PDRs, one-to-one meetings throughout the year, ensuring that the feedback given to team members is fair, unbiased and provides a platform for continued improvement, according to the Hilton standards.
· Be involved with succession planning and development of high potential team members to ensure that all team members are trained to progress to the next level of their career.
· Contribute to the hotel and team by sharing new ideas and suggestions for improvements, being innovative and creative to provide quality service and customer care to team members and guests.