Topgolf Sports & Entertainment Group
Topgolf Sports & Entertainment Group is a technology-enabled global sports and entertainment leader built on a foundation of community, inclusivity and fun. What started as a simple idea to enhance the game of golf has grown into a movement where people from all walks of life connect at the intersection of technology and sports entertainment. Topgolf Sports & Entertainment Group's platforms include Topgolf venues, Toptracer and Topgolf Media.
What You’ll Do
- The General Manager leads their venue in providing best-in-class service with hospitality for our Guests. The General Manager sets the big-picture direction for their venue and works alongside with their leaders and teams to ensure our Guests have the best times of their lives.
- The General Manager ensures venue leaders build strong teams - through effective hiring, scheduling, Associate development and by driving team engagement. They are also responsible for all venue business functions - executing flawless operational activities, upholding processes and standards, maximizing financial performance, building relationships with their community and growing the Topgolf brand.
How You'll Do It
* Operations & Business Acumen
- Develop, execute, and evolve a multi-year venue level business strategy with focus on brand positioning.
- Oversee the overall strategy, performance and profitability of the venue: ensuring that it is operating with excellence. Leverage business metrics and trends to drive performance and to maximize profit and revenue.
- Understand and utilize data insights to inform strong business cases for decisions.
- Provide oversight of ongoing financial reporting, forecasting, and planning.
- Challenge and improve current practices and environment to meet the quality expectation of guests. Continuously find ways to improve all areas of the venue and remain flexible in rapidly changing environments.
- Optimize the overall sales and revenue management strategy to capture growth and deliver long term profitability.
- Lead with integrity and align with Topgolf’s core values to maximize revenue and profit opportunities and ensure the efficient and effective management of the venue asset.
- Bring Topgolf’s core values to life for the benefit of associates, guests by demonstrating excellence in all aspects of the guest experience and overall performance of the venue. Ensure the safety of associates & guests.
* Thinking Agility, Decision Making & Driving Change
- Adapt to a changing world and envision new possibilities for generating profit and revenue growth.
- Exhibit sound judgement and decision making.
- Demonstrate open-mindedness and embrace different perspectives.
- Uses data in day-to-day problem solving to address underperformance, test ideas, learn and accurately measure impact.
* Associate Development
- Execute Topgolf’s processes to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and motivate an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Cultivate an inclusive workplace, rooted in fairness and respect, where all associates feel valued for who they are and are encouraged to actively participate in their venues culture and success.
- Support associates in understanding their role as brand ambassadors so they can deliver authentic and caring service to guests.
- Delegate skillfully and partner with the venue’s leadership team to build accountability and achieve shared success.
- Coach, mentor, and develop future leaders for Topgolf.
- Demonstrate Topgolf’s Core Values: Fun, One Team, Excellence, Courage and Caring.
What We’re Looking For
Education: College degree or equivalent (preferably in Hospitality Management);
Related Work Experience:
1.. Minimum 10 years experiences in hotel, theme-park or mass entertainment venues;
2. With pre-opening experience is a must;
3. Familiar with Wuhan market;
4. Strong Food & Beverage operation background or hotel rooms management background;
5. Has experience running team around 300 pax, such as Hotel Manager, EAM, or General Manager from medium size hotels, etc.;
1. Minimum 5 years’ experience in the first-hand or second-hand leader’s role;
2. Outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills;
3. Exceptional leadership abilities with great attention to detail;
4. Strong business sense;
Language Skill: Good oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese;
Computer Skill: Proficiency in Microsoft Office.