About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
About Four Seasons Hotel Suzhou
Four Seasons Hotel Suzhou is a luxury island retreat fully commanding a 30 acre (12 hectare) private island on the scenic Jinji Lake. Set to open in the second half of 2023, the Hotel will have over 200 well-appointed rooms, suites and private villas, lush gardens, indoor and outdoor pools offering a lifestyle that is uniquely Suzhou and uncompromising service that is uniquely Four Seasons.
The Four Seasons Hotel Suzhou is looking for
Director of Spa
who share a passion for excellence and who infuse enthusiasm into everything they do.
We hire motivated people who we train to perform superbly, while we create an environment where they can flourish. Ultimately, our culture breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways. We encourage and expect all of our employees to behave consistently in a manner which demonstrates:
- Commitment to supportive teamwork and open communication
- Responsibility for ongoing enhancement of their skills and performance
- Recognition of personal accountability for their own actions and the outcomes of those actions
- An understanding of the effect of their behavior on our guests, their fellow employees and the reputation of the Company
The Director of Spa is someone who is a well-known Spa & Fitness leader in the industry and has aesthetic taste with the ability to create a tasteful spa environment and translate that into eye for detail and crispness. They understand market trends and have a proven track record for collaborating with Directors of Marketing to put together sound business plans and supporting action steps.
We are looking for individuals who possess a high level of attention to detail and a strong work ethic. The ability to multitask and prioritize is also essential for this position.
Successful candidates will be a willing team player, comfortable with electronic systems and willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote team work. Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Director of the Spa is part of a diverse and dynamic team that provides award-winning service to our valued guests. This leader will provide leadership for all operational management team and will be responsible for delivering the highest level of service in terms of guest experience with a strong focus on Elite Guests’ experiences.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- 3 to 5 years of previous Luxury, Spa management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Relevant Field of Study Preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of 5-star service standards, effective application of spa staffing models, proven ability to create and implement spa service menus, effective retail management, successful marketing strategies, and demonstrated ability to project costs, revenue and to adhere to the budget that supports monthly / annual financials
- Proven leadership track record and luxury retail sales experience.
- Previous experience preferred as a hands-on therapist such as massage therapist, esthetician, acupuncturist, etc.
- Strong delegation, leadership, and operational skills to effectively manage high-volume performance and require previous experience managing high-volume stores or equivalent.
- Business partner that can grow the business.
- Able to work independently and under pressure in a fast pace working environment.
- Good team spirit, multi-tasking, cooperative with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good command of both written and spoken Chinese and English.
Join us and Enjoy…
An opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done
Complimentary stays at Four Seasons properties (based on availability) with discounted meals
Incentive bonus/ competitive salaries
Employee service awards
Annual employee party/ social and sporting events
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – Visit us:
Official Website: http://www.fourseasons.com/careers/