1. Prepares food for guests and team members efficiently, economically, and hygienically as per the standard recipes following the standards and procedures.
2. Assist the Sous Chef/Junior Sous Chef in the day-to-day operation of the kitchen and to help maintain a high Standard of food preparation and presentation.
3. Seamless working with Recipes, Standards and Plating Guides.
4. Correct usage of all equipment, tools and machines.
5. Continuous Organization of Maintenance, Cleanliness and Hygiene according to Safe & Sound Procedures as well the established FSMS Standards.
6. Maintain at all times a professional and positive attitude towards his team members, and supervisors alike, and behave in accordance to the established hotel rules and team member handbook for him and team member under his supervision. To ensure smooth operation of the department.
7. All team members have to be knowledgeable about occupancy, events, forecast and achievements.
8. Every guest request must be responded to complete satisfaction.
9. Performs related duties and projects as assigned.
10. Close working relationship with the Stewarding Department to ensure high levels of cleanliness and low levels of lost and breakages.
11. Keeps discipline and proper work practices for himself and the team members assigned to him at all times. Also checks on personal hygiene, clean uniforms, sanitation and cleanliness of the workstations, sanitation of the work tools. Be aware of the dangers of contaminated food and the needs to proper checking and turnover of the mise-en-place in the refrigerators. Reports to the Chinese kitchen Chef on any problems to take appropriate actions.
12. Manages all functions of the Chinese kitchen and banquet kitchen safety and staff operation safety.
13. Follow up on any changes in new recipes or work methods pertaining to any new menus, daily specials, and promotional activities as per instructions given by the Chinese kitchen chef.
14. Checks all equipments belonging to his department and make sure that all are in good working order, and if necessary reports to the Chef for any faults and problems to be solved. Prepares the necessary work orders to the Engineering department.
15. Ensures that recipes and costing are established and updated.
16. Manages the training function and ensures all team member certified in their position before taking charge of an area of responsibility.
17. Monitor food quality and quantity to ensure the most economical usage of ingredients.
18. Reviews all time sheets to ensure that team member working times and meal breaks are accurate.
19. A hands-on trainer who through coaching and leading by example can motivate and impress upon the team the right attitude and spirit of culinary excellence.
20. At all times understand, practice and promote the teamwork approach to achieve missions, goals, and overall departmental standards.
1. Works very closely with the Chef and meets regularly to determine menu selections and specials that is both satisfying to guest and profitable to outlet.