· Supervise, co-ordinate and participate in all activities of Receiving & Store Supervisor in controlling food and beverage and general storeroom supplies used in the Hotel.
· Responsible in safeguarding the company’s investment in food and beverage inventory and other storeroom inventories and provide the management with accurate and timely operational cost reports.
· Review, check and see that bidding procedures as specified are adhered to and the Hotel’s standard purchase specifications are followed on a continuing basis.
· Ensure that the control procedures affecting receiving, storing, issuing, costing and portion control are being followed.
· Attend and participate in dealing with current problems in Food and Beverage Department and other departmental meetings.
· Co-ordinate with Food and Beverage Director and other departments involved in matters affecting cost reduction and control.
· Report discrepancies and irregularities and recommends corrective action.
· Co-ordinate with Food and Beverage Director on costing of banquets, events etc. and participate and in the formulation and enforcement of sound control procedures for banquet beverage and bar control practices.
· Supervise the daily inventory of perishables and the monthly inventory taking of food, beverage, supplies and quarterly inventory counting of operating equipment.
· Review and analyze all cost reports and check all end-of-the-month closing procedures.
· Responsible for the implementation and follow-up of estimated potential costs for food & beverage.
· Supervise and perform butcher test regularly and establish portion cost factors and to determine the most advantageous of buying wholesales cuts of meat and fish.
· Compare regularly prices of menu items with all the other competitor hotels to determine reasonableness and competitiveness of existing menu prices.
· Establish and maintain par stock for all storeroom items including operating equipment.
· Review purchase requisitions for food, beverages, materials and supplies as to reasonableness of terms, prices, stock level, availability, etc.
· Supervise the Receiving & Store Supervisor in reviewing, posting and summarizing all related reports originated from receiving, storeroom and other F & B department’s section.
· Supervise and assist Receiving & Store Supervisor in the inspection, receiving and storing practices and procedures of suppliers’ deliveries.
· Co-ordinate with Purchasing Department regarding undelivered items and deliveries not in accordance with specifications.
· Conduct spot inspections of different kitchen, bars and department to prevent pilferage and overstocking and to check portion control functions.
· Maintain the standard recipe file on all menu items for Banquet and restaurants.